This blurb may be a bit misleading in talking about transferring credit from a landline. The system is simply to dial a number that costs £1.50 per call from a BT residential line. The overseas mobile is then topped up by an amount shown in a table, which, at the time of writing (January 6 2013) says the following:
Terms & Conditions
- Call 09135349989 from your landline – cost £1.50*.
- Enter full international mobile number starting 0023xxx followed by #
- Listen to message and press 1 to confirm.
- Your credit is sent instantly!
- Where we quote callthrough rates, we believe (based on the web pages of the companies we list) that calls are charged at the indicated rate (in pence per minute) from a BT residential line.
- BT apply a call set-up fee of up to 15 pence (at the time of writing) for each chargeable call made.
- Other network operators' charges may vary.
- You can check rates from BT landlines using BT's documentPrices for calls to Specialised Numbers from BT Residential Fixed Lines
- You must have the bill-payer's permission before using any of the services or callthrough access numbers listed on our pages.